My heart in one post is right here. Alex is such a sweet girl and her theme is so organic and classic. They way everything came together was simply a dream to photograph and isn't she just so elegantly radiant? Just a natural beauty and I can't wait to capture their gorgeous day this July! And can we talk about how gorgeous her dress was from BHLDN?
Please scroll down for the elegant, organic, and classic bridal shower at the Royal Park Hotel
Jen is your everyday petite Classic bride. She wore an elegant pearl necklace, along with a bouquet of red roses for a bouquet. She also is an Anna Kendrick look alike in case you're wondering (haha).
All my life I have dreamed of becoming only one thing consistently and that was to be a mom. To care for someone other than yourself was just in me. My friends never understood it, and frankly I still don’t but, looking back on the journey Ken & I have been through as a couple (let alone as parents). I think we did everything the best way we could and now I can share with you just a piece of my heart.
Ella Grace, you have no idea how much it means to me to be your mom. And I can’t wait to share with you all the memories your father and I share….from our love story all the way to you being placed in our lives…You are such a blessing to us. And the love we have for you just can’t be contained in a simple post such as this.
This gorgeous wedding is just 100% organic. The couple is head over heels in love & her family owns a bee farm & his actually owns a farm. So the venue is very close to home & it was just a very special wedding. The details are perfectly simple & are just so intimate.
She wore her mother's dress because she loves everything vintage, and her favorite season is fall so naturally, berry was the main color of the wedding. Her matron's of honor were her two older sisters & even when we were behind time or anything bad happened; Tara simply shrugged it off and hoped for the best outcome.
So enjoy this super laid back couple & let's run away to Minnesota ( or you can scroll down for more ;))
Take a train with me to the most beautiful elopement hands down. From the morning details to the first look you can just tell these two belong together. Some people in life just complete each other. And these two showed me that...
Oh my goodness!
I am feeling so thankful for my amazing brides and clients from this past year! Thank you lovelies so much for your kind words and just being so awesome to work with! I have traveled to so many states this year & met so many beautiful people inside & out. Without you this wouldn't be possible.
Cheers to us my loves <3 *excuse me while I shed a million tears*
I have had the pleasure and honor of capturing their absolutely amazing baby shower and now Christina & Kerellos are weeks away from meeting their gorgeous baby girl. Congrats you guys and thanks again for the donuts & Cider! The baby & I are REALLY enjoying it! <3 xoxo
So here is Janell. One of the cutest photographers like, ever. Even though she’s partially an introvert, she doesn’t let that stop her from making images happen on the wedding day…
- Make sure you are compatible. It doesn’t matter how awesome a person can shoot. If you can’t even spice up a random conversation with them or relate to them in any way, you WILL find yourself feeling stuck in an awkward situation…
- Do you like their creative eye? Even though you DO want to be “basically friends” with your shooter, you HAVE to like their images. I mean that’s why you’re hiring them right? You’re basically hiring a friend that takes good photos & someone you 100% trust on their own.
- Do you trust them on their own? If you are chasing your 2nd shooter with an image they told you they shot or shoot over them just to be sure....You don't trust them. And you can't be everywhere at once! You just can't, so if you can't trust them to snap images when you're not there...Then you need to find someone else.
- Do you use more than 100 images? This is A MAJOR THING for me personally. Some photographers only hire 2nd shooters for the "assistant role" which is totally fine but, that's not me. I mostly like to get & do everything myself. But, I need a documentary eye while I get all the traditional shots so I can paint a full picture of the day for my clients. So I need to use more than 100 shots to make sure we are both doing our job together of recreating the wedding day in photos.
- #BehindTheScene photos of YOU in action. For blog posts such as these or future marketing purposes, it makes sense to have behind the scene photos. Plus, they are sometimes super fun to have for memories sake. I have so many photos of me laughing with my clients that I just truly cherish!
- Last tip, make sure they respect you. If they are over your shoulder changing your poses or talking over you. Probably not the best fit. And think, most of us hire a 2nd shooter for a full day. They need to know you are kind of in charge & making suggestions is acceptable but, overriding the main photographer is a no-no.
So, that’s it for tips. Whether you agree or disagree, these are the things that work the best for me. When I am compatible with my shooter, and trust her 100%? We make some magical images together. I mean come on. And having a friend to make crazy eyes with during the wedding day craziness is so golden you have to agree ;)